Small PHP Access Tools
SPHPAT stands for Small PHP Access Tools. The aim of these tools is to produce a set of tools that will make site security and admin very easy to do. The first tool available in this range is the User Manager.
08-11-02 - SPHPAT Version 0.6 has been released. New developers have joined the project : wickedxter, tourist26 and manojjagatap.
The current stable version of SPHPAT is v0.6
This is available from the FILES page or downloadable from the 0.6 tree of the CVS system which can be anonymously accessed. The development version is v0.7 which can only be downloaded from CVS (use link on left). This version may or may not work, but will be finished within the next week.
v0.6 features improved documentation (took a lot longer) and a run level variable to manage the type of user logging in.
The whole of SPHPAT has been reengineered to work passively instead of providing an interface. An interface version will be made available as a demonstration for direct building of a website hopefully by version 0.7
If you have any feature requests either leave a message in the forum, email me or use the bug report system.
Features of SPHPAT
- Easy to implement : Simple forms and session management, mean that it is easy to keep users logged in on your website.
- Adaptable Text Based DB : All the user details are kept in a single text file. This is easy to update, and upgrade due to the simple structure.
- Sessions : This means that all your links in the member area automatically include the user details (hidden) so authentication is easy.
- Completely Integratable : The NEW modular structure of SPHPAT means that you can integrate the system into your current site in minutes.
- Upgradable Text System : Due to the method of user info storage, as much information about the user can be stored and accessed. Tools to allow you to do this on the web will be coming shortly.
- Unlimited users : You can have unlimited users on your site. Beware, the more users that you have the slower the system becomes
- RUN LEVELS (NEW) : now you have a variable to play around with to categorise your users (v0.6)
- Easy Update Procedure
Coming soon to SPHPAT
- User Management : A simple user management setup, integratable into the current system, and with run level support.
- Password Retrieval : If one of your users forgets their password, then by using this script, it can be emailed to them with a message of your choice (HTML or txt format).
- MYSQL version of the script with easy installation
- News Script : News for your website, with a text file database
SPHPAT has been tested with Apache 1.3 and PHP 4.2
If you have any problems running the example script, please email me to tell me what server, and the version of PHP.
To contact me send me an email to : firstname.lastname@example.org